Here’s a short video to show you how you can create a grass effect on your text in Photoshop.
You can download all the materials needed for this tutorial with the button at the end of the article.
Here are the steps to take:
- Create your text with the Type tool.
- Import an image with some grass texture.
- CTRL + Click on your text layer to make a selection.
- Create a Layer Mask on your grass texture to show only your text.
- CTRL + Click on your text layer to select it again.
- Grab any Selection tool and right click on your selection, select “Make Work Path” with a Tolerance of 1.0
- Grab your Brush Tool and select our Grass Brush
- Grab the Pen tool, right-click on your Path and select “Stroke Path” with “Brush” selected as Tool. Uncheck the “Simulate Pressure” option. Be sure that you have a pure white color as foreground and that you are on your layer mask (on the grass texture.)
- You’re done.
Video Tutorial to Create a Grass Text Effect:
Captivated by the digital world and particularly attracted by everything related to creativity, Martin is an amateur photographer and digital marketer who has more than 10 years of experience with Adobe Photoshop. Check his about page here
This post may contain affiliate links.